I'll be offering timber framing workshops starting at the beginning of August. These are flexible workshops, you can come for a day, 3 days, a week, or whatever suits. Price is $110 per day, 5% of the income from any who were referenced from this site will go to the timber framer's guild. Basically I will be working on this project whether there are people there to learn or not. Actual cutting of the frame I don't expect to take too long.

Workshop participants will be helping in the cutting and assembling a a 30x30 barn frame, the frame is the be built using techniques of the Mitteland region of the Swiss Canton of Bern. The structure built is, properly, a Chüejerstöckli, or a cow-herder's hut.

Participants will learn about the techniques of Swiss-German style framing -the use of small timbers, simple joinery, etc. I will try and focus on the Benefits of the system, such as its versatility, adaptability, and affordability.

We will also focus a great deal on the specifics of the Bernese style of roof framing, allowing for very large open spaces.

If interested, contact me via personal message or email.

David L Bähler

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/