Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: "Timber Tools" Chisels [Re: Roger Nair] #31054 09/21/13 04:30 PM
Jay White Cloud Offline
Roger, Jacob did not come up with the name. He approached Janis to make tools for his timber frame project, then Janis made a few extra in the process. Janis and Jacob started working together with Jacob being the "marketing guy," and "they" developed "John Neeman," into a brand name. With Janis out of commission with an injury, as I understand it, precipitated the separation. Why and the details, I don't really care to get into that as if Janis wanted it to be public, he would make it so.

Yes Janis is still using the name as he has (as far as I have learned from both parties) the legal rights to. As I understand it, they both do as they had been partners - one the Blacksmith, the other marketer/promoter "sheath and handle maker." Janis is not a fool and is not going to walk away from his own "brand" recognition, but is trying at the same time to develope "Auntine."

Don't really need to belabor this as I have kinda been with it from before it was public. If you want to buy tools from Jacobs company, please do so if your really like his tools. I like Janis's tools and craftsmanship better, but that is just me.

Re: "Timber Tools" Chisels [Re: Roger Nair] #31170 10/18/13 02:48 AM
C
collarandhames Offline
C
I don't know if this is relevent, but I was given a 2 3/8 slick amish knock off in part payment for a job done here in canada, and it is the most amazing slick ever. holds edge dandy. Looks like a barr, wish it was a barr, but whatever, it was part payment, and I love it. amazing hunk of steel.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users