Hi all,
I posted this in the enclosure section but I see no one has been in there since June so I'll try here too. Sorry for the double post...

I just finished my first timber frame, a cabin for my girlfriend, me and a soon to arrive baby in Western MA. The design is based on the Sobon shed from his first book. I'm insulating with wood chips and clay - the chips are coming from a friend with a pile of dried slabs and we hired a chipper. The chips are going into an 8" cavity framed with 2x2s and sawn 1/2" x 2" lathe strips

I would like to know how important is chip size? I learned from Steve Chappell and he recommended 1.5" to 2" diameter but it seems like that's hard to consistently get.

Second, with 6-8 weeks of curing time would there be any trouble with either coating the interior (or exterior) first, say after 6 weeks and then doing the other side after another 2 weeks? I figure we'll move in as soon as the flooring is done and get the wood stove firing which ought to help the drying, correct?

Thanks for any and all advice,

J