Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Forum Censorship #31853 01/25/14 07:54 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I note that all of our discussions from December 2012 on improving Guild membership have now been airbrushed from history and also for example, if you perform a search for "Swanger" this will return zero hits other than hopefully that contained within this post.

I am more than a little annoyed that someone has chosen to impose their will, thoughts and exasperations over all of who are regular vistors and contributors to this forum without the common courtesy of prior consultation.

Regards

Disgruntled

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31854 01/25/14 07:59 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have just checked and now find 44 hits returned for a search using "Swanger" with the last one being in 2008. I seem to recall that Derek made over 1000 posts so that means that a huge number of his posts must have been removed.

Ken Hume

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31855 01/25/14 11:55 AM
J
Jim Rogers Offline
J
per his request.

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31856 01/25/14 01:20 PM
B
bmike Offline
B
As Jim said, per his request.

I don't know what happened to the 2012 thread. I will have a look for a back up - we recently had a serious database issue that required a move to a new host and I'm sure we may have lost a few things in the process.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31857 01/25/14 05:18 PM
D L Bahler Offline
I had personal contact with Derek recently. He did say to me, he is not wanting further involvement with these forums.

I also feel the need, in his defense, to say that he was quite civil in our conversations.

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31858 01/25/14 05:25 PM
J
Jim Rogers Offline
J
Everyone including Derek must understand the following:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use these forums to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless these forums and agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

As mentioned some thread may have got lost in the transfer.

Jim Rogers

PS. Every user agrees to this when they sign on.

Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31861 01/25/14 10:58 PM
T
TIMBEAL Offline
T
And here.... dedicated to those that run the forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMx1fmz4a0g

Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Jim Rogers] #31862 01/25/14 11:54 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Frankly speaking I am appalled by the action of completely removing all traces of Derek from the site. Jim you are gutting the site for somehow conflating the rule of rules above the commonsense concern of preserving the threads, complete with full context and continuity. Derek, I believe, had close to 1300 posts in hundreds of threads, so now, how is the forum improved by removal, when what is left is incomplete and confusing threads.

I know all about the ways Derek has been colored due to some trollish behavior but the forums long standing record has been fouled, for no good reason. The forum is in my view a community property that people have been contributing to since 1999, including Derek. All the contributions should be respected as a record and as property of the community once said posts are accepted as valid posts. In other words, Derek gave up control when he posted and the community accepted and interacted with Derek. Years have passed since Derek posted and offensive content has been removed. So I suppose in your eyes, Jim, that Derek is a troll or worse, therefore, any trace of Derek is tainted. Ohh, so Derek told you to remove posts, do you always do what a "troll" wants you to do?

This is not a privately owned forum such as the Forestry Forum, you moderators cannot and should not throw away community property because you can quote a rule in bold face type.

Fix it.

Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Ken Hume] #31863 01/26/14 12:18 AM
J
Jim Rogers Offline
J
Roger:
Before you go flying off the handle, I didn't do anything. I am only a moderator not an administrator.
I didn't delete any of Derek's posts.

Derek, has been emailing me asking me to remove other peoples posts.

I have not done that either.

So get the facts straight before you get hot under the collar.

Jim Rogers

PS. if things are missing it's not my fault.

Re: Forum Censorship [Re: Jim Rogers] #31864 01/26/14 12:31 AM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Jim

Sorry about reading between the lines and leaping to conclusions, one of many faults of mine. I will refrain from fanning the flames.

There does seem to be a focused wipeout, I look forward to an account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users