Macdonald & Lawrence Timber Framing is a specialized designer-builder of heavy timber buildings and bridges located at Bamberton, on Vancouver Island, BC.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Supervisor with a good understanding of construction processes. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, self-motivated, generally have a good sense of humour, demonstrate sound judgement under challenging circumstances, and have a minimum of 5 years of experience of the Supervisor or Superintendent role. Our work includes residential, commercial and heritage buildings.
The primary purpose of a Production Supervisor is to safely and effectively deliver projects on time, on budget and to specified levels of quality. Supervisors will exemplify M&L company values, and seek to Lead by Example.
Scope of Position
• The Supervisor is responsible to the Project Manager. The Supervisor manages the construction for one or more projects depending on the size and type of each project.
• A Supervisor plans and organizes the day to day operations of projects and ensures that these are consistent with the objectives of a specific project (budget, scope, schedule, specifications, etc)
• Supervisors in conjunction with the Project Manager will accurately schedule crews and subcontractors and procure materials.
• Work is performed both in the workshops at Bamberton, B.C. and on project sites throughout the province and abroad. Travel and lodging away from home is required because some of the work takes place away from the workshop environment.
Key Skills & Attributes
• Supervisors will be fully conversant with all aspects of the construction process
• They will maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing all applicable safety standards and ensuring good work practices and procedures
• Supervisors will meet construction budgets by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions as required
• They will delegate tasks to Crews directly or through Foremen and ensure satisfactory achievement of tasks.
• Supervisors will meet and communicate with clients, architects, engineers and other contractors as part of their job.
• Clear and forthright communication, scheduling, delegation, estimating and overall organization skills are essential to this role.
Competitive compensation offered with benefits, an exceptional working environment located right on Saanich Inlet, exciting projects and an opportunity for even an experienced Supervisor to continue to learn and develop.
This is a long term senior position. Applicants must be legal to work in Canada.