Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Resources for ideas! #3280 11/07/06 01:11 AM
J
Joe E Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Howdy, I was wondering if anyone has any good references for books, websites, etc on smaller timber frame houses. In particular I'm looking for photos and such for ideas. Everywhere I look I can find photos on very large, extravagent houses that only rich people live in. Very rarely do I see pictures of smaller frames, especially owner built frames. We've just raised our timber frame, which is the first house I've ever owned, that's about 1200 square feet. We're just putting on the roof now and am going to be getting to the inside work in a matter of a few weeks now(trying to beat winter). Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Re: Resources for ideas! #3281 11/07/06 02:31 AM
Dave Shepard Offline
Welcome to the forum Joe. I know what you mean about the books, definately not affordable houses. I don't know of any books that deal expressly with smaller houses. Basically any small house that you see that you like can be built as a timber frame. I often see a house that I like and visualize how I would layout the house if I were to build it, it has been very helpful to me to decide what would work for me. As always, I recommend either of Jack Sobons books, they show an affordable side to timber framing.

Member, Timber Framers Guild

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users