Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ethics , photo copyrights #3410 12/03/06 03:35 AM
345 Offline OP
OP Offline
A new timberframe "company" has arrived in our area.
It has yet to actually cut and erect any of its own frames, although the founder did help cut one local frame for another established timberframer. His new website, business cards, and brochures
display photos of frames he definitely had nothing to do with. This really burns me. It seems like blatant fraud. No credits are given anywhere. Clearly he is implying this is his work by including it in his marketing. He actually admitted they were from "stock" photos, when I asked about them, and that it was perfectly legal. I don't mind having another guy around trying to sell timberframes, I just wish he'd represent himself honestly. I am wondering how to deal with this in a tactful way.

Re: ethics , photo copyrights #3411 12/03/06 04:10 AM
M
Mark Davidson Offline
M
be your own best boss, this is the way to deal with most stuff.
let the "new guy" do his or her best to sell frames...
there may a lesson to be learned by you
or not.
sometimes I wonder if timbeframing is a bit like yoga, there's no start or finish... you just get on the path, and do yer best. Many novice frames are as good as experienced frames. If you're feeling burned maybe you need to start your own fire?

Re: ethics , photo copyrights #3412 12/03/06 01:40 PM
daiku Offline
Sounds like he's starting out his business with a Karma deficit. Relax, be yourself, do good work, and remind yourself that potential clients can see right through this just as well as you can. Doesn't every potential client ask you how long you've been in business? How many frames have you done? Can you take me out to look at some of the frames you've done? His prospects will ask him those same questions, and then start to ask themselves questions about integrity and honesty. You HAVE to do marketing, but honesty and integrity will win out in the end. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users