Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What kind of joint is this/am I an idiot? [Re: MaxHardcastle] #34704 08/12/19 02:37 AM
Jay White Cloud Offline
Your typical condescension with the "snowjob" comment toward me Roger seems common place where you insist on "being correct" about something when you are either not or are simply on thin ice...It seems typical of your replies toward me, and I come to expect it now...

I often leave these conversation where you have to debate pointlessly your understanding of a topic or interpretation of it from a very narrow perspective...As such, I would suggest perhaps it is not I that is being "anti-intellectual?"

Your "single source" of the "guilds glossary" is neither helpful nor a soul authority of the craft and quoting a single source is rather also narrow in perspective, considering other border information derivations out there from not only other cultures, but interpretative historical information as well...

Let's leave it that, shall we, and respectfully agree to disagree?

Re: What kind of joint is this/am I an idiot? [Re: timberwrestler] #34705 08/12/19 02:38 AM
Jay White Cloud Offline
Originally Posted By: timberwrestler
I'm not quite sure what you're looking to accomplish. But if you want to even skip the joinery, you can just sit the joists on a 1.5" wide ledger, and that'll work just fine. No hangers needed.

Great advise...and probably the simplest of solutions for sure...

It is often done in less well funded timber frame projects and has historic precedence as well...though more a "post and beam" method than actual timber framing, not that this is really important per se, still really sound advise for this challenge...

Last edited by Jay White Cloud; 08/12/19 02:38 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users