Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WWOOF work exchange and timber framing #3957 02/28/07 07:44 PM
G
Griffon Offline OP
OP Offline
G
This is a topic which might be in the Itinerant section, but its not about hiring, but exchanging help for lodging.

WWOOF is nothing to do with dogs :rolleyes: It stands for Willing Workers On Organic Farms. The system could be of interest to anyone who needs a hand with their selfbuild, or any other home-based activity for that matter providing there exists an organic principle to the establishment. For others, there exists a 'cousin' system: Help Exchange' (helpx).

Right now, there exists the possibility for a keen learner (with some skill!) to come help us with our timber frame preparation. This possibility might seem far-fetched, but a quick review of our (24+) visitors to date shows folk from the Americas and Europe, some of which have been skilled enough to contribute to such a project.

Anyone interested can visit our WWOOF page at:

http://informal.izaut-rustica.com/wwoof.htm

Links to the two named systems appear on this page.

Time is an ocean but it stops at the shore Bob Dylan
Re: WWOOF work exchange and timber framing #3958 03/02/07 01:27 AM
T
Timber Goddess Offline
T
Great idea, Griffon! Wwoofer's learning the timber framing trade seems like a natural step to me.
There are many wwoofer's in my area, as we have many organic farms and a Quaker community nearby, and many have stayed for years.
I would highly recommend it to anyone here looking for an eager worker. smile

Re: WWOOF work exchange and timber framing #3959 03/02/07 09:20 PM
G
Griffon Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Its interesting that wwoof was conceived because organic farming methods are labour-intensive; timber framing shares this commonality.

Of course, WWOOF is not essential to work exchange for timber framers, though it is an established system of exchange. We have this forum and we have the principle; all that remains is some minor re-badging of the Itinerants section and we would have our own independent scheme.

Time is an ocean but it stops at the shore Bob Dylan
Re: WWOOF work exchange and timber framing #3960 03/03/07 03:20 PM
R
roderickm3 Offline
R
And In " MY OPINION " learn to sharpen and SET a saw if going by hand the saw won't wander as much and use only sharp and clean blades if on a worm gear.... laugh .... Sharp tools don't cut people people cut themselves .. mad ... best of luck in the future wink

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users