I am Olivier MAGNE, a French student studying wood construction in a college to become an engineer at the end of the next year.
Last spring, I looked for a placement with a Timber Frame Guild’s member. I apply for an internship with Dean Fitzgerald of Fitzgerald’s Heavy Timber Construction Inc. (Maryland) and by this way, I spent 12 weeks in his company to work on timber framing during the past summer.
This experience has been very interesting for me, and I would like to improve my knowledge of timber framing.
As I have to do a new internship to be graduated from my college, I am looking for a placement in a timber frame company.
The dates of this internship are : March,1st 2006 to August, 31st but I am not able to extend these dates.
I am able to work on AutoCad and on Cadwork.
I did a lot of furniture plans with AutoCad, and also a design for a house.
About my skills with Cadwork, I worked this summer on a new barn (130' x
26'), a roof truss system, and a porch as new buildings, and I worked for a customer who wants to restore an old barn, and transform it into a house.
I know that I still have a lot to learn about timber framing, but I really like to improve my skills in this field.
I hope that you will take care of my request. You can call Dean Fitzgerald if you need more information about my work in his company.

Fitzgerald's Heavy Timber Const. Inc.
Dean Fitzgerad
10801 Powell Road
Thurmont MD 21788
301-898-9340
Tmbrfrmr1@aol.com

Sincerely,
Olivier