Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
removing old barn #6394 08/04/03 01:57 AM
N
n turner Offline OP
OP Offline
N
A school in the Watertown NY area has purchased a lot complete with a huge barn. They want to make a parking lot - if you can imagine such a thing. Need to find someone to remove the barn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: removing old barn #6395 08/25/03 07:46 PM
S
Shaun Garvey Offline
S
Can you offer an details about this barn? Size, type, vintage? feel free to email me at smgarvey@crane.com

Regards,

Shaun

Shaun Garvey
berkshirebarns.com
Dalton, MA
Re: removing old barn #6396 11/01/06 07:53 PM
L
Lee in VT Offline
L
My husband had an offer by a friend to take down his grandmother's post and beam house.
Rather than destroy it, he took it down piece by piece to hopefully sell it. The house is from the late 1800's.

These structures are popular in this area of New England. He sold the barn from this house a few yrs ago but he way underpriced it. The daughter of this family took the barn down last time, not my husband.

How can we know what a fair price it?
Are there any websites to go to.

He numbered all the beams with metal tags so that someone can erect it again. We have photos of it coming down as well.

No nails were used to build this house.

Can you offer me any assistance in pricing it to sell here in Vermont?

Re: removing old barn #6397 11/01/06 07:55 PM
L
Lee in VT Offline
L
My husband had an offer by a friend to take down his grandmother's post and beam house.
Rather than destroy it, he took it down piece by piece to hopefully sell it. The house is from the late 1800's.

These structures are popular in this area of New England. He sold the barn from this house a few yrs ago but he way underpriced it. The daughter of this family took the barn down last time, not my husband.

How can we know what a fair price it?
Are there any websites to go to.

He numbered all the beams with metal tags so that someone can erect it again. We have photos of it coming down as well.

No nails were used to build this house.

Can you offer me any assistance in pricing it to sell here in Vermont?

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users