Print Thread
Rate Thread
looking to become a perfect Timberframer #6556 02/24/04 08:45 PM
N
nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello,

As one can probably tell from the subject of this topic I am actually not looking for a Timberframer to build something for me, but rather I am looking for an opportunity to work with a really great Timberframer.

I have been in the construction trades from time to time and have only recently found out about timberframing and would love to get into the field. I would like to remain in the San Francisco area for at least the time being, so if anyone is, or knows of a true craftsman in the area I would appreciate the tip.

Thank you so much,

Nathan

Re: looking to become a perfect Timberframer #6557 04/19/04 12:00 PM
I
Ian Lawford Offline
I
Just had a look at the Member Directory. You could try George Nesbitt of Environmental Design/Build

His email is geoedb@idiom.com
I don't know anything about him other than he is from Berkeley.
I did find some members from Sanfran. but they were listed as associates.
Then again some timber framers are not members of the guild. I know the first place I worked, I was the only guild member.
Good luck hunting

Ian eek

Re: looking to become a perfect Timberframer #6558 07/13/04 01:45 AM
jim haslip Offline
Had an opportunity to meet some pretty good Framers at a gathering at Sechelt, B.C. two years ago. One fellow , Richard Wiborg, from the Berkley/Oakland area might just fit the bill for what you are looking for. A pretty talented guy. Find him at rswiborg@aol.com. Good luck...

Regards

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi, AndyUK, MainiacMatt
5132 Registered Users