My name is John Hanley, I'm a Junior Construction Science Major at Texas A&M University. Part of my curriculum is a 18week long semester internship. Most students that are interested in residential do their internships with the "cookie cutter" homebuilders like Pulte, D.R Horton, Centex...and so on. I am interested in Timber Framing and have been since the guild introduced it to me my freshman year in high school when I became involved in the C.O.L.T.S progam and soon afterward became a member of the guild. I have attended the Heartwood School and been involved with as many raising as I can get my hands on. And I would love to do my internship with a Timber Framing Company. I am planning on doing this internship next spring (2006). There are some requirements of the internship such as being utilized in several of the following task areas as required by the curriculum( Safety, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Adminastration, Marketing and sales, Craft training, Design, Procurement, and Cost Controls)
If you or anyone you know is interested in helping and the oppurtunity to be teamed with the largest Upper Level school of Construction in the country feel free to email me. I would be more than welcome to send a resume to anyone interested.
Thank you
John Hanley