Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
apprenticeship #6601 12/28/05 05:55 PM
N
natesims Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I am a student at The Meeting School in Rindge, New Hampshire - a small organic farm with gardens and livestock. Beginning in February I have "intersession", which is leaving the school for four weeks to do an educational project. I have been interested in timber framing and would like to do an apprenticeship using hand tools, building as simply and as closely to the earth as possible. (I want to one day be self-sufficiant and off-grid in a home I built with my own two hands.) I will be 18 in April and have basic knowledge of building. I'm a hard worker and am willing to do most any tasks to learn more about timber framing. Please contact me if you might have a need for a willing student. Thank you. Nathan Sims

Re: apprenticeship #6602 01/07/06 01:12 PM
R
Randy Churchill Offline
R
Keep your enthusiasm Nathan, it is worth it. I'll ask around and see what I can do for you. We are planning a 2 week program in Brattleboro, VT starting Feb 20 - with a High School Building Trades class. Will be making a smallish bus shelter frame. I'm sure we could get you in with that group. Are you available in the summer for intern type thing? Might be able to get you a gig near Lebanon, NH. Nice little barn in pine.

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users