Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking for entry-level position in BC, Canada #6606 02/26/06 06:17 PM
A
Adam Macer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi
I'm seriously considering relocating to BC, Canada from the UK, preferably near family in Vancouver, and looking to rekindle a career change from architectural design.
I have 4 months experience of plumb scribing, cutting and erection from last year and ideally looking for a position that would combine my draughting skills with continued training in framing but equally happy to leave the drawing board behind.
I'm 39 but still in good health and able to work hard. I'm a fast learner, careful and accurate. I'm also cheerful and a team player.
Anything considered
Thanks
Adam Macer

Re: Looking for entry-level position in BC, Canada #6607 10/31/06 08:22 PM
A
Adam Macer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Still looking!..

I'm now considering at a 6 month career break Jan - Jun 07 starting with a Snowboard Instructors course for the first 3 months.. If possible (legally, as I will be travelling as a Tourist) I would like to find a 3 month unpaid placement with a firm in BC (preferably SW) to gain further experience and hopefully a foot in the door with a view to future employment.

I would be in a position to support myself but if lodging were provided in exchange for hard work all well and good.
In short, I'm looking for a 3 month 'interview' with the long-term aim of obtaining residency under the Skilled Worker program and returning to Canada, when granted, to full time employment.

I hope this might be of more interest than my previous post appeared to be!

Adam

Re: Looking for entry-level position in BC, Canada #6608 11/01/06 05:14 AM
T
Timber Goddess Offline
T
Hey, Adam -
Sent you an email....

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users