Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Aching Arms #6707 09/21/02 04:09 PM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am just about thru drilling pegs holes by hand, my arms and wrists are aching.

Can somebody (UK based) please advise me the name and supplier of a good slow speed electric drill that can be used to bore 3/4 and 1" peg holes through 8" timbers.

Ken Hume

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Re: Aching Arms #6708 10/01/02 07:03 PM
T
Tony Lake Offline
T
Ken
Try this link for a slow speed drill:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=HITD13

I am not sure what it is like but I was thinking about buying one myself.

Do you know what is happening with The Carpenters Fellowship.....is it a dead duck ?
I sent a cheque off some time ago which was cashed, but I have heard or seen nothing. I have followed it up with a couple of e-mails but no reply. Any info you might have would be much appreciated.

Good luck with the drill.

Tony.

Re: Aching Arms #6709 10/02/02 06:28 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Dear Tony,

Thanks for the drill tip !

The UK Carpenters Fellowship is alive and well but slumbering after the strenuous efforts to stage Frame 2002.

We tried to get a committe elected to run the Fellowship at Frame 2002 and somehow did not manage to suceed. Nigel Challis has agreed to remain in the chair for the time being with Iso Barnden providing admin support (1 day per week).

Since the Fellowship belongs to you and all the other members why not try and arrange a get together of framers North of the Border which I am sure will also be attended by Anglos and Sassenachs as well.

I personally would welcome an informal autumnal get together.

Regards

Ken Hume

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Re: Aching Arms #6710 10/06/02 10:08 AM
T
Tony Lake Offline
T
Dear Ken,

Thanks for your reply regarding the Carpenters Fellowship. It's good to hear it's still afloat.

As outlined in my initial posting, I sent e-mails to both Nigel Challis & Iso Barnden requesting a confirmation that the cheque etc had been received and that everything was in order (as I do not hold too much faith in the Royal Mail anymore). Maybe the e-mail address (from the website)I sent them to are not in use anymore? I am sure it will all come out in the wash.

Ever since moving North from the sunny climes of Sussex a few years ago, I have been meaning to take a trip down to Frame 2002 and other prevous events, however something always seems bugger up my plans and I am not able to attend. This leaves me feeling a bit isolated with regards to what is happening in the world of timber framing etc, as not much of it seems to happen in the bonnie highlands of Scotland.

As for a timber talking, festive framing, beer swilling, highland fling mini break, or any kind of get together with like minded souls, I think it's a great idea and welcome any intrest or suggestions. Any Takers.......

Regards

Tony.

Re: Aching Arms #6711 10/09/02 04:23 PM
D
David Kirby Offline
D
Re the Hitachi drill I have an older slightly heavier model which has proved very reliable, good quality boring bits kept sharp are the key -I use a Tormek machine which is gret for bits and chisels.

Re the Carpenters Fellowship - I am based in the South-west, near Bath and would be happy to help with such a venture.

Re: Aching Arms #6712 10/17/02 09:15 PM
N
Norm Guiver Offline
N
Me too

Re: Aching Arms [Re: Ken Hume] #17355 11/16/08 10:08 AM
P
paddywack Offline
P
NMA sell Mafelle drills that are perfect for your holes...

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users