Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Self made Sips #708 12/21/03 12:30 PM
T
trick Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I read in one of Ted Bensons books a brief comment about making SIPS or atleast curtain wall panels. Has anyone tried it?

Trick.
Re: Self made Sips #709 01/19/04 07:05 PM
G
gil anderson Offline
G
The FOX MAPLE quarterly had an article about some folks from Canada who made their own panels. I am not sure, however, of the journal's date; it was a few years ago. I would be interested in this too, as well knowing about straw panels. Are they still being made? Has anyone tried them? Thanks

Re: Self made Sips #710 01/19/04 11:57 PM
Will Truax Offline
Stramit panels were unfortunatly, only made on this side of the pond, very briefly.

The production facility was in Texas, the shutdown seemed to have as much or more to do with the market structure here as opposed to Western Europe and their desire follow the precedent of their home marketing strategy of multiple production facilities near major population centers with a very limited shipping radius, than an inability to create a market here or the patience to allow one to develop.

http://www.stramit-int.com/panels.htm

I havn't heard of anyone expierimenting with self made SIP's in years, though I can see why someone in the hinterlands would consider it. I would guess this has more to do with ready availibility and the insurance of some manufactures warranty represents than anything else

"We build too many walls and not enough bridges" - Isaac Newton

http://bridgewright.wordpress.com/

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users