Rate Thread
Beveling tool #7171 08/08/00 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 25mm pegs in my timberframe home and I want to bevel the hammered ends. Please direct me to a tool/company where I can purchase such a tool.

Thanks

Re: Beveling tool #7172 09/06/00 12:19 PM
J
Jim Rogers Offline
J
I have a beveling tool, it looks like a pencil sharpener. I've inspected it closely and there is not a makers stamp or name on it. So, I don't know who made it or when.
I got it from some of my fathers tools after he died. So, I can't ask where he got it. But it's very old at least forty years or more. It is cast metal and a removable knife. This one has a end for a bit brace and we use it in his furniture factory to put a small bevel on the bottom of chair legs after we cut some off to level the chair. It worked great. I think I have two. But I'm sorry I won't part with either for any price(because they were my father's tools). And I don't know where to find them either.
I also have a smaller one that was turned by a machinist who worked for him. It doesn't have a removable knife but it works great on dowels up to 3/4". The end is straight and I've used it in a cordless drill. You could probably get a machinist in your area to turn one for you.
If you need a picture, email me back and send you one.
Good luck.
Jim Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users