Rate Thread
Beam boring machine #7224 02/05/01 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past weekend I was fortunate to find a boring machine, in what appears to be near mint/excellent condition. The finish on the metal parts are free of rust and appear brand new and the wood and finish is exceptional. No manufacturer name only this: PATENTED MAY 24, 1864 on the top and No. 1 on the base. Takes 1/2" auger bits, but none with the machine.

QUESTIONS: Does anyone have any other information on this machine? Does anyone know where I may be able to buy auger bits for this machine?

Thanks for any help. Jerry Borchert

Re: Beam boring machine #7225 02/08/01 12:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is a place in Texas that sells bits. I'm not sure if it's Old Tools or what. I can't seem to find the message where it was posted before. You could try a search engine and look for oldtools.com (or something like that). I sent a guy there before and he had bits for sale. I was lucky when I got mine. The man who sold it to me knew another guy who had bits for sale and I got several good ones. Good luck. I found his web site it's myoldtools.com Jim

[This message has been edited by J Rogers (edited 02-16-2001).]

Re: Beam boring machine #7226 02/26/01 08:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by J Rogers:
I think there is a place in Texas that sells bits. I'm not sure if it's Old Tools or what. I can't seem to find the message where it was posted before. You could try a search engine and look for oldtools.com (or something like that). I sent a guy there before and he had bits for sale. I was lucky when I got mine. The man who sold it to me knew another guy who had bits for sale and I got several good ones. Good luck. I found his web site it's myoldtools.com Jim

[This message has been edited by J Rogers (edited 02-16-2001).]

Thanks for the help. The place is www.myoldtools.com out of Greenville, Texas. Unfortuneately the prices for these bits ANYWHERE is very high. It has been recommended that I buy a new chuck that requires a 1/2" threaded connection; then cut the head off of a 1/2" bolt and insert that into the 1/2" chuck on the boring machine. At the same flea market where I got the boring machine I also got a collection of auger bits for a brace at cheap prices, so all I need to do is cut the end of these bits off and use them in the new chuck.

Jerry Borchert

Re: Beam boring machine #7227 02/26/01 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen boring machines set up like that, but never saw one working. I did talk to my contact and he has bits for sale, $10 each, if you're interested. Jim

Re: Beam boring machine #7228 02/27/01 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by J Rogers:
I've seen boring machines set up like that, but never saw one working. I did talk to my contact and he has bits for sale, $10 each, if you're interested. Jim

Jim, Yes I am interested in a 1" and a 1-1/2". Do you think from your experience I need anything larger? Send the details and I will get a money order on the way. Many thanks, Jerry

Re: Beam boring machine #7229 02/27/01 11:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll check with him and see what sizes he has left. I got these from him 1",1 1/4",1 1/2", 2". I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Jim

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users