Rate Thread
post and beam log homes #7261 05/03/01 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi all. im in interior alaska and am learning to work with the short logs we have hear. my question is has anyone seen a good book devoted to piece en piece log building? gettin tired of trying to piece my walls together with butt and run techniques. ive seen the topic touched on lightly in several log home building book, but nothing deffinative. thanks in advance. buck

Re: post and beam log homes #7262 05/08/01 06:19 PM
R
Roger Brown Offline
R
I have a book by Stewart Elliot titled "Short Log and Timber Building". It touches on different methods of use of short logs/timbers and various options. 1977 copyright I believe.
Good luck and may your projects be successful!

Re: post and beam log homes #7263 05/09/01 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks alot.ive got my order in at amazon. out of print now but theyre searching for it.

Re: post and beam log homes #7264 05/09/01 02:07 PM
R
Roger Brown Offline
R
Buck, I was working off of memory when I wrote that, but I checked the author of the book last night. The author was James Mitchell if that helps.

Re: post and beam log homes #7265 05/09/01 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey roger, dont know if its a fluke or what but stewart elliot actually did right a book with the same title as mitchells book. thought you might like to know. also, i did track down a recent book by mitchell call "the craft of modular post and beam." it apparently expands upon the out of print book you mentioned in your previous post. just thought id fill you in on my search. ive ordered mitchells new book. copyright '97 i believe. bye, buck

Re: post and beam log homes #7266 05/09/01 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey roger, dont know if its a fluke or what but stewart elliot actually did right a book with the same title as mitchells book. thought you might like to know. also, i did track down a recent book by mitchell call "the craft of modular post and beam." it apparently expands upon the out of print book you mentioned in your previous post. just thought id fill you in on my search. ive ordered mitchells new book. copyright '97 i believe. bye, buck

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users