Rate Thread
Where can I sell some American Chesnut? #7324 08/14/01 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recently tore down a barn and was planning to build myself a cabin with the salvaged wood. However in talking to an Environmental Sciences professor at a local University, I believe the wood I have is American Chestnut, and I am interested in selling it if it is worth my while. I have 20 or so 8" x 8" beams that are in lengths ranging from 10 to 30 feet. I've cut off a small sample to show someone, but I have no one to show it too. I live in Hampton, NH and work in Waltham, MA and the wood is near Lewiston, ME. I would like the opportunity to meet with someone about these beams to determine if they are actually valuable. I would appreciate some contact information if you might know about who might be interested in purchasing my beams.

Re: Where can I sell some American Chesnut? #7325 08/15/01 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The closest place to where you live is the Antique Lumber yard in Hampton Falls, NH. I've milled chestnut beams into boards for them before. The are right on Route 1. You can email me for their phone number if you need it. Good luck, Jim

Re: Where can I sell some American Chesnut? #7326 08/20/01 12:28 PM
R
Ralph&Sunni Offline
R
Good luck, I've been trying to sell vintage oak hand hewn and sawn beams, siding, and flooring for about a year, having no luck. How can I sell what I have? Ralph

Re: Where can I sell some American Chesnut? #7327 08/20/01 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you tried the woodweb.com lumber for sale forum? That's one place you could go to and see if there is any lumber like what you are trying to sell there. Another would be ebay but I'm not sure how that works. I've been sent emails from different places saying that I could post a free ad at their site and I could forward that site to you if you want it? You can call this Antique lumberyard also, they buy stuff from all over the country, I believe. Their number is 603-926-5383. Good Luck, Jim

Re: Where can I sell some American Chesnut? #7328 08/20/01 01:17 PM
R
Ralph&Sunni Offline
R
Hi, yes! I would greatly appreciate that information! and will call it Antique lumberyard. Please send, and thank you so much! Sunni

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users