Rate Thread
ALTERNATIVE STRAWBALE POST N BEAM ASSIT NEEDED #7401 12/15/01 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PRESENTLY LIVE(MOST OF THE TIME)IN A 1000SQ'TREE HS AND AM HAVEING PROBLEMS W CODES (MY DESIRE TO USE COMPOSTING TOILET SYS AND GRAY WATER FILTERING DEVICE (HM MADE)RATHER THEN A WATER PUSHED SEPTIC SYS,
PRESENTLY I'M EXPECTING THEM TO ATTACK THE VILIDITY OF THAT STRUCTURE AND THE CUSTOM STAWBALE POST N BEAM I INTEND TO BUILD USEIG PRE-BENT LIVING TREES / CROSS BEAMING W/HIDEN RACEWAYS FOR UTILITIES .DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF CODE APROVALS OF EITHER TYPE OF STRUCTUER OR ANY AND ALL ASSISTENCE FROM DESIGN COMPLETION TO STRUCTURE COMPLETION NOTE GOT SICK 2 YRS AGO SO TIME IS IMPORTANT)

Re: ALTERNATIVE STRAWBALE POST N BEAM ASSIT NEEDED #7402 01/21/02 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first thing you want to do, Tom-Kat, is turn off your CAPS LOCK key. It's considered quite rude to type in all capital letters. By your personal information, I suppose you are located in Tennessee. I encourage you to track down a local engineer or architect familiar with straw bale post and beam construction and local state regulations. Here in California, it required special legislation to allow Straw Bale construction. Until the special legislation was passed (in 1995?), no one could use straw bale because it did not comply with our state mandated Uniform Building Code (UBC). I can also comment on your mention of using a composting toilet system. There are only a few counties in California which allow that type of system - most do not allow it based on environmental concerns (if you can believe that). All of the counties around here (Mother Lode area) do NOT allow that type of system. Good luck in your search.

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users