I am an architect working on a cabin and garage for a remote location in the Trinity Alps National Forest in northern california. We are planning to start construction in late-August this year and have not yet located a g.c. We do have a timber framer on board. We are working with The Cascade Joinery in Washington State. They will fabricate and install the timber frame.

The project schedule is challenging because of the nature of the site. It is snowed in and inaccesible for 7 months out the year. We are hoping to have just the foundations built by mid-October this year. We will then start construction again next May or June. We'd like to get most of the building done by the end of the 2000 building season. The general contractor will have to live on site, as the closest town of any size is 2-3 hours away. The site, however, is as beautiful as any national park and has a private lake and access to many hiking trails. It wouldn't be a bad place to spend the summer.

We are looking for a general contractor who has experience with many different trades (it may be difficult to locate qualified subs in the area) and who produces a highy crafted product. The project will involve a lot of highly detailed carpentry as well as stone masonry, a terne roof, and custom steel windows and doors.

Please contact me at kscott@walker-warner.com if you have an interest in this project or know where I may be able to locate a qualified builder. Thanks for your help.