Rate Thread
Slicks and Froes #8259 10/04/01 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone out there know where in the U.K.we can obtain a Slick and a Froe as we have noticed alot of people using them in the states and wondered if they are available here.

Re: Slicks and Froes #8260 10/04/01 12:23 PM
B
Bill Keir Offline
B
If you can wait till out next bulk purchase, CO&W Co could get you a 4" for about £20, (ex VAT ex Handle) or you could buy mail order from Woodcraft In the US or try myoldtool.com in Texas for old ones
Froes can be had from Bristol Design,
Magard Ventures (Canada) or Axminster Power Tools.

Bill

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity

While

The Optimist sees Opportunity in every difficulty
Re: Slicks and Froes #8261 10/17/01 08:08 AM
B
Bill Keir Offline
B
Topic: slicks

Just back from the TFG Conference and decided to do a bit of house keeping work on the forum.
I have moved the stuff from Sliks to slicks and froes since it is essentially the same topic.

Topic: slicks
simon hayes
Contributor posted 10-11-2001 08:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi there, i work in a small two man concern along with simon hayes, and i also am looking for a slick, i have heard some mention of a company in the uk producing a slick for the export market to the us but i was wondering if i could get one in the uk.
please use simons website as an address.
thanks v.much
luke matthews

K F Hume
Contributor posted 10-11-2001 02:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Luke,
I have two of those slicks and have never used either of them. The finishing of the backs and cutting edges is seriously flawed and of extremely poor quality.

I got mine from Woodcraft in the states and I understand that they are made here in the UK. They come with a little union jack label stuck on to the very blunt blade.

You are welcome to buy mine at a knock down price.

Ken Hume

Tim Potts
Contributor posted 10-13-2001 07:52 AM
What constitutes a knock down price?

Bill

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity

While

The Optimist sees Opportunity in every difficulty

Moderated by  mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users