Is anyone else out there having problems with the new type of mafell morticer bar?? We got a newer model last year and it now has a "sealed for life" bearing at the business end. Trouble is, it usually only last for a couple of months before it collapses (not a fun experience!) and you need a new set (about £30/$55). We are now on set number five! and our last set only lasted 2 1/2 weeks of light use!!
The factory fitted one lasted much longer so perhaps the replacement kits are poorer quality? Either that or we are fitting them wrong but having spoken to the UK importers tech. guys at length I suspect that probably isn't the case. They too seem to think the new design is a good idea but simply isn't working well enough.
I have taken it up with NMA (UK importers) but have had no formal response as yet. In the meantime I wondered if there were any US users having similar difficulties?
Mafell have always been responsive in the past so maybe if there is an issue here we can get them to deal with it promptly.
If anyone out there wants to swap an old style 1 1/2" bar I'd be happy to oblige!!