Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tcad error - "posts cannot be drawn in plan or roof mode" #9643 11/10/04 12:01 PM
P
Paul Freeman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ken Hume submitted the following: If I try to draw a post I get a message "posts cannot be drawn in plan or roof mode". I get this message even which I switch from plan to say front or back view.

Re: Tcad error - "posts cannot be drawn in plan or roof mode" #9644 11/10/04 12:08 PM
P
Paul Freeman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
BPW is discussed on page 2 of the manual.

BPW is a variable that tracks whether you are working in Bent, Plan, or Wall mode. For example, when you are working in "Plan mode" and you draw an 8x12 Girt, it will have a dimension 8" across, and when extruded in "Plan mode" it will have a depth of 12".

It is critical that you set BPW when drawing timbers, dimensioning, labellig, and extruding. Read this section of the manual carefully. To see the current value of BPW type !bpw at the command prompt. To change quickly to the mode you want type bpw at the command prompt and press enter until the mode you want is set.

Re: Tcad error - "posts cannot be drawn in plan or roof mode" #9645 11/10/04 01:24 PM
M
Michael Flanagan Offline
M
I have found the same problem, with the posts and the curved braces. Unfortunately I can not find a manual for timbercad. Is there a link somewhere to download one? Also, What is the Nominal setting exactly do when entering beam sizes? <0.000> I notice that when I type a whole number, the next prompt is enter beam size in a bxd format. The bxd format is clear, Can you define the function of the nominal size prompt?

Another question concerning brace construction. I understand Right and Left and locating the vertex of the two members to be braced is clear. How do I specify a lentgh of run, let's say a 36" run brace. I have tried several types of entries other than point selection with the mouse. I get all kinds of unpredictable results. What is my conceptual error?

Paul, thanks for the explanation of Bent Plan Wall. that makes things a little clearer. I was wondering how timbercad seperated the views for 3d viewing.

Re: Tcad error - "posts cannot be drawn in plan or roof mode" #9646 11/10/04 06:42 PM
P
Paul Freeman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I'm sorry there is no link as of yet for the manuals. It is hoped they will be included in the program download. Until then anyone needing them should email their request to me or one of the other users, feel free to distribute the manuals as long as they are not edited in any way.

Below are links to two new topics that answer your questions. I think its good to list new questions with the subject in the form: "TimberCAD - Brief Question Title". This will make it easier for others to review the subject headings to quickly find asnwers to their questions. Thanks.

TimberCAD - Nominal and bxd: http://www.tfguild.org/ubbcgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000010#000000

TimberCAD - Numeric Input and Braces: http://www.tfguild.org/ubbcgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000011

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users