Print Thread
Rate Thread
timber cad not staying in bpw #9698 09/12/05 05:25 AM
M
Mark Horsefield Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,
Have recently downloaded timbercad, read frame manual and installed it over the top of autocad 2006 and thought it was working o.k. Have tried to draw a profile by typing in the command and although I thought i'd set the bpw to bent mode along the yz axis the resulting profile comes out in plan, and has done so for the last 2.5 hours! Am I doing something wrong? Whenever I check which mode I'm in it says the drawing is in plan - I can't seem to lock it into a plane.
Also, after installing it I have the pull down menu but not the side screen menu and the pull down menu is missing the reset bpw command- don't know if this has anything to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Mark.

Re: timber cad not staying in bpw #9699 09/26/05 06:01 PM
P
Paul Freeman Offline
P
First of all congratulations for making it this far and sorry for taking so long to respond, I did not know there was a question pending. I wonder if you are setting the UCS properly? You should align the UCS X and Y axes into your new work plane before drawing your profile, it sounds like your UCS is still in "World".

Your second question relates to the AutoCAD configuration. If you type "options" at the AutoCAD prompt you'll get the Options dialog box, click on the "Display" tab and then in the top left corner select the box by "Display Screen Menu". That said, almost no one uses the screen menu anymore, its kind of a legacy now that we have all these pull downs and tool bars. Most find it not worth giving up valuable screen "real estate". As a matter of fact I'm not sure if the TimberCAD menu items work in the "2000" versions of AutoCAD. Its been years since I've used the screen menu.

Good luck and perseverance!

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users