Good morning, all!
Hey Raph, I know that there exists a vacuum type of system that will pull all the fine dust to the floor - I'm not sure what it's called or where to find it (Google?) and it could be a European thing ($$$$$).
Ever watched the Red Green Show? Maybe some ideas there...?
But the #1 thing you gotta do until you figure out the solution that works for you, is wear a dust mask..!
I will again mention the effects of cutting Western Red Cedar: it has oils in it that are carcinogenic, and I cut quite a bit of it when I first started my apprenticeship - without a mask. Now, any time I cut it, the first iota to enter my sinuses irritates them horribly and causes me to snivel all day.
I counter act on this by shoving larch sap up my nose because of its anti-bacterial and healing purposes.
JUST KIDDING! I don't shove it up my nose. But, apparently, it has been said to have these properties.
I don't know the long term effects of other wood species, but a dust mask will help, fo sho!
Check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDg_jrHlz2Q
And I stick with the conveyor solution - easier to deal with in the long run, I say.
Cheers!