Sorry for the delay in responding . . . I am typically off computers every weekend. I can see both sides to the "post/don't post" argument, which is why I made the offer instead of just posting the name of the firm.

Prior to further considering informing others of the firm's name, I will first take steps to deal with this issue with them. Then, if that does not work, I will go to the BetterBusiness Bureau in the company's home state and lodge a complaint.

And no, they are not new kids on the block.

Also, I don't view it as "tattling". That belittles the impact of what this firm did with our timberframe. They are selling a product and not delivering what they sell. A timberframe is a major investment of both time and money on the part of the owner. Not to mention I and my wife poured countless hours into the project ourselves over the course of two years and we still are finishing bits and pieces. A house is not a plaything.

If it proves to be necessary, I feel that divulging the name of the firm would be fair warning to other possible customers that should not find what I found. You trust a firm to build your house correctly and when they betray that trust, what is left of their reputation?