First let me say this...

You guys are too cool

I think that Will has some excellent ideas. My thought was not that we could provide housing but this sounds entirely reasonable and doable.
Any plan for providing shelter in the immediate future must keep in mind that these areas have little to no infrastructure remaining.
It should be noted that the island of Sumatra suffered from both the tsunami and the quake that spawned it

In looking thru the information on the World Shelter web site (nice link Will). It seems that the most common indigenous building technologies in the region use masonry walls and timber trusses.
By “region” I am referring to Indonesia, India and other countries in the area. The walls are variously supporting, non-supporting but providing shear, or a recent innovation in India, masonry enclosure to a self-supporting and braced timber frame.
The last seems to me the model that would allow for local enclosure systems while not precluding the use of panels or other donated enclosure. It would also provide opportunity to introduce a seismically resistant building type. The idea being that perhaps this would provide a seed that would result in a more common practice after we leave.
If the building were to be enclosed by masonry would we want to make accommodation in the timber details?
For helping hands and a contact with the military (who have the transportation and equipage) perhaps we should engage Grigg Mullin

Will, I would curious to see that CAD file