Hi everyone,

Emett, I've been bouncing around the same cost analysis around in my head. At anyrate the more we ship over the more of a depreciation there is in the effort. Its kind of like getting oil out of the tar sands. There's lots there but just too expensive to get out.
As I'm constantly reminded by relief orgs not to send goods over b/c its too costly and as one persone mentioned earlier we would be just getting in the way, I see this developing into a long term, hopefully ongoing effort, working closely with relief organizations. As mentioned, they know where the need lies, also they are extremely good at tapping into local markets.
I also think from a learning perspective and an empowerment perspective it would be nice if locals can realize the process through, from milling, layout, cutting etc. Again, down the road, (when there are roads) it would be nice to see a guild tour.
Having said that, I think there is a third option which would do more good in the short term. I can see that the enthusiam is continueing to grow and even though what is needed now is money by relief orgs, people want to give more than money. Why not have a Guild gathering, cut a frame or a number of frames (on site or regionally by different shops), using donated materials and auction the frames off. That money could be used by either relief orgs. or used by the Guild as buying power abroad when the time is right.

Ian