Crabtree –

While I can see the validity in all you say, and welcome constructive criticism to any conversation. And, at the same time can see there is something of pie in the sky in this premise, that it is a long stretch to see past how antithetical this all is…

I can not buy the certitude that shipping is somehow a prohibitive and defining factor in the same world that sees a global market that has the planet constantly criss-crossed by container ships, the same market and shipping capacities you suggest suck all the useful timber out of the region and leave it’s people to live in unreinforced unfired clay brick hovels. That, this is how it is and how it will ever be, that this is their lot, and ours is to accept it.

To my mind , this is overly pessimistic.

On the contrary I would suggest that mountains of materials are at this moment streaming in that direction, much of it far more inappropriate to the region than most of those we have suggested here, materials for which there will be far to few people available with the know how to put it to efficient use.

As to the auction angle, money raised with such great effort would still be a piddling in an already overflowing bucket and though my heart goes out who suffer with the losses and aftermath of the landslide tragedy I am certain the public outpouring which is also headed their way and insurances are helping do what can be done.

Too much said, I know. Must be up to a dime already.
Thanks for the bump.

"We build too many walls and not enough bridges" - Isaac Newton

http://bridgewright.wordpress.com/