Thought this might attract some good stories.

Derek has his arm in a sling, while I've been trying to dig a frickin massive chunk of wood out of my thigh, setting my super model career back at least another year frown
That and my big chisel scar on my left hand (pictures of which I'm sure some of you remember)

Luckily for the chisel incident(there are no accidents wink )I happened to be working on larch, and as I may have mentioned before, larch sap has anti-bacterial properties.
Not so lucky for the sliver.
It, too, is larch. But I was told by the first aid dude that I should not dig it out, but let it fester (what a nasty word...)
It ain't festerin'!
It's healing over all nice like, and every time I move my leg I can feel this stick poking me! AARRRGGGHHH!!

Too bad larch doesn't have BIONIC properties as opposed to anti-BIOTIC properties.
Could you imagine:
Yes, we can rebuild her.
We will give her a larch hand, with which she can hack away at her hand at leisure.
We will give her a larch leg, with which she can roll timbers in one go, and never again need to worry about cutting her carharts when wiping the chisel.
And we will name her Timberframe Woman, as she will be part human, part timberframe.