Hi everyone:

I am very dissapointed that I couldn't make the Montebello Conference but that is the way it goes sometimes.

I made a presentation a few years back at Montebello and I had a vision of trying to give to the participants knowledge that I had acquired through my career in the restoration services at UCV.
It became apparent to me as I worked my way along life's path that I was very fortunate to be able to examine and reproduce historic structures, in the process paying very close attention to details and construction techniques that the builders of yesteryear used in their everyday application of their
trade(s).
Building a simple building like a barn without very little interior finish, usually would require only timberframing skills, but for a home we had to examine such things as sash, plaster, stonework, chimneys, fireplace and oven combinations, stairs, interior trim, abd the list goes on.
With something like a mill it would include the installation of very technical equipment, and the timberframe had to reflect the installation to come.
I belive that a presenter should have a very wide spectrum of knowledge base, and I believe that most participants no matter their level of experience needs to feel that their knowledge base has been expanded somewhat after listening and experiencing the presentation. Question should be answered professionally, and not everyone knows everything, a presentor shold also learn from those in attendance.
I learn everyday from listening to the very knowledgeable people who come and go and post on this TTRAG chat site.

I hope that eveyone enjoyed their Eastern Conference experience

NH