I would definitely suggest building a smaller TF structure first, not an entire house, and see how well that goes for you. Even a smallish structure is alot of work, esp. if you are a "one man shop" like me.

Get Jack Sobon's red book and tackle the garden shed first. When you're done, you'll know if you are ready to cut the frame for a house, or not.

Greg

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Grzesk:
Im hoping to build a house this spring and i definetly want to build a timber frame home.Im checking out my options right now and currently my best option seems to be a package from normerica.Im thinking of using one of there pre engineered house plans and purchasing the pre cut timber package and there sips,assembling everything myself.Im curious if there is any other companies that offer a similar package?Has any one had any experiences with normerica.I also thought about purchasing just the plans and cutting the timbers myself.I am a carpenter and have done a small amount of timber framing.This is also my first owner/ builder house and am not sure if trying to cut my own timbers will be taking on to much for my first house.Thanks for any ideas or comments