First off let me say hello to y'all. This is my first post here.
I've been Googling to death timber framing and finally found what looks to be like THE site to be in for so much of what I want to know.

I'm from Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island in NY and have my house up for sale now (I know...bad timing...ugh). The house is one we live in that I've restored and built onto with the intention of selling it when it was done. Well.....it's done...finally.
Its a circa:1680 that sat on the market before I bought it for a long time unsold being it was in such horrible shape...well..if ya wanna know about it you can read about it in my web site. Its the Goose Hill Rd Project.(see my web site below if you want)

Anyway...the long and short of it is I'm now looking to learn Timber Framing to add to my tool box and hopefully keep at it eventually pretty much exclusively once I move. I'm now looking for a company that would want to hire me pretty much anywhere. I'd be happy to relocate "right away" as long as the job served my needs. I have a real lot to offer a good company and all I want in return is to learn timber framing and a fair salary. I also understand that I may not get to "timber frame" every day for someone but as long as it was incorporated into the scope of my work some how, I'd appreciate that. I know I need to make any company I work for money. That's no doubt a given! And with all the years of knowledge under my tool belt, I know that's one of the assets that I offer.. which is also a given.
I have tons of tools and equipment along with my skills to offer.
I want to be part of a good team because I know from so much past experience how incredibly important that is. I've been a builder for a few decades now and during all these years of climbing through windows..over roofs, down roof rafters and across ladders and scaffolds I'd sure welcome the chance to walk some 8x8 timbers. I can't think of anything more refreshing (well almost anything...lol).

Soooooooooo...if anyone knows of a company that might be interested in me please give them my name and web site (below) which has my phone and email addy..

In the interim....I'll be here listening and asking questions as well as reading anything I can get my hands on but I know from experience its all about gettin my rig on and cuttin' some wood and poundin' some nai....uhhhhh...pegs
andy

edit: and oh yeh...how might paying my annual $85 to join the Guild help me in my current endeavor??? I hadn't really explored that in any depth yet.

Last edited by andybuildz; 12/24/07 02:46 PM.