Appreciation to all for the posting on this thread. One of the things I hope to achieve through my blog is to connect to people who otherwise have no exposure to traditional craft work, including potential clients of course, but also people whose interests do not run to the technical nuances of timber carpentry, of Japanese woodworking. On a blog I'm not confined so much as within a forum. I'm interested in traditional work, both east and west, and yet history is of great interest to me as well, in general terms. I like making furniture too - no avenue for discussing that on this forum. So for me, a blog is very free-formed - anybody who registers to blogspot can comment upon my blog postings, and I will engage with them - it's not a private discussion. I could opt to allow unregistered people post, but then you open up to the possibility of spam bot attack. Been there, done that, no thanks.

This forum is pretty much geared to the tech crowd- and it's hard to find for the layperson, even if they do come upon the guilds main web page. This forum could be developed far more than it is, it seems to me, to reach a wider audience.

I put up a couple of new postings today, and added a 'subscribe' toolbar to the side. Another nice thing about a blog is that I can customize it as I like when I like, as opposed to a forum, where it would take a meeting and consensus.

My blog on carpentry practice, East and West:

https://thecarpentryway.blog