Before I stumbled upon the TFG (circa 1995) I spent many of my growing up years in a TF home built 1804-1811. This taught me you cannot drill through old oak. Even deconstructed a 2.5 storey barn for a cousin (he built a lake house with the wood). Then a career in the Army, then a career in Information and project management. At this point retired officially 3 times. First community service project was the performing arts barn in Franklin Farms VA, went to Heartwood for a couple of courses. Since than I get great satisfaction from seeing projects completed and mentoring the new folks on how to hold a chisel/plane/handsaw. My wife Sharon and I try to do at least 2 public service jobs a year. I love to pester folks into a smooth joint and doing it right the first time. The sharing that occurs in the guild project venues is astounding. Only place I know where you can learn new tricks while passing on the old ones worth keeping. These pro's and volunteers are truly the good hands people. While the rest of the world continues to shoot itself in the foot we accomplish and enjoy. People make things happen.