Hi everyone tonight

you know as I look and listen to everyone's responses and see the wonderful structures that you all are building from timbers I wonder sometimes how you please the customers, I don't think that I would like to go there, I will leave that up to you guys so carry on and I will really enjoy seeing the finished
product(s)

I am used to reconstructing period structures with all their little imperfections, that is what gives the old buildings their magical looks--

somehow I think that the modern clients expect too much from you guys!!--wood will shrink,check, split,twist, have funny little stains (in the wrong spots) is there anyting else that I have missed--please jump in and let us know what other weird properties that wood has

Anyway happy Easter to everyone- that is if you celebrate Easter if not happy whatever--I am just an old TFER and a Canadian one at that, or should I say a North American one at that since my father in his great wisdom about 90 years ago decided to go to San Francisco to help rebuild that great city after the earth quake at that time.

He met my mother and brought her all the way back to Morrisburg. She will soon celebrate her 97th, I asked her a while ago "mother what did you think of Dundas county when you arrived here" (about 1930).

Her reply was "it sure was pretty rough but I would have followed your father to the ends of the earth"

With that thought I will retire for the night

NH