Hi everyone tonight:

This is a great thread with great feedback of the TTRAG event.

Early in this discussion about the use of pictures and video shot by others, I would like to add my comment:

I demonstrated for many years the traditional hewing of timber to many hundreds of thousands of tourists and students from one end of this country to another, and I never questioned what or where my image ended up. It was though improper for my employer to use my image to sell a product like a post card without my authorization and consent.

Having said that I do not believe that a casual video shot by an interested party warrants scruitiny, yet also having said that I also know that the world is changing rapidly and one has to be careful.

Those are great shots of axes and The hewing video is great.

I used a scoring axe that had a fairly long (hand made) handle which would reach below my feet as I bent slightly. This of course would depend on the size of the log that needed to be hewn. I sympathize with I believe Our barns who said about the type of log because I have visited and hewn at events where the logs were donated and they were usually monsters to work with!!!.

I personally never met Jack Sobon and maybe never will, I would like sometime to just spend some time chattng with him over a cup of tea and compare notes.

Anyway this is a great topic and one that runs close to my heart.

If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away

NH