I've got to get that book, The Old Way of Seeing. Sounds like some good information. Many people have commented on it, which usually means there's something to take away from its pages. A daisy wheel in the pyramids is unexpected. This seems to suggest the wheel was employed before timber framing. And the pyramids were some time before “Christianity.”

Derek,

You've been busy. You should apply for a grant! The Patron Saint of the Wheel is an interesting element to bring in and points to the "sacredness" or "importance" of certain geometric configurations. And interestingly, she was not pagan. Do the angles in the paintings correlate to the angles in the wheel?

Ken,

Can you ask Laurie Smith to comment on my question: whether the wheel has its origins as a building device or was there some other purpose? He may not be able to answer the question, but it would be helpful to hear his response—someone who has studied the wheel some.

I just got my hands on the back issues (TF No. 70 and 90) but have yet to paw over the text. Anyone else care to comment on these articles?

Don Perkins
Member, TFG

to know the trees...