Slick, thanks for the tip Mike! I imagine there is a similar way to drop in that google custom map too.

One of you gentlemen suggested a wooden solution might be to support the ridge with an additional post. Given that the barn has posts through its centerline that seems a wise potential solution. This barn is not utilizing the "loft"space and so such a solution would not be obstructive.

This is actually a corner post without pegs that seems to be withdrawing as well. In fact none of the braces have pegs in this barn either (nor peg holes). New pegs in all the empty holes would also help. When I examined this barn I did not find any evidence of a wedged dovetail or wedge of any kind. I did, however, stick my fingers in all the empty peg holes to feel for tenon relish and found solid wood throughout.

This section will need a scarfed replacement. The water damage was from a leak in the original roof that has been since covered by the steel roof.

I have plenty of truck straps to take up some of the thrust while working on the structure and a few bottle jacks to lift the ridge (potentially). I think replacing the existing steel cable with a new one without rust could be worked into the budget. It seems to me that placing the cable up at the plate instead of the post would provide more thrust resistance where it is needed. Any suggestions on how to keep the wood from getting crushed/marred/strangled by the cable?