My gosh.
I don't know what to say...where to start!

Well, it's been almost 2 months since a post was made here, so I suppose I have time to make a few comments on this topic here and there wink

I'll start with this:
Many of you know parts of my story - I started the trade hand cutting, and when the machine rolled into the shop I ran it for a few years. I watched changes happen, people leaving, new people coming. Even i left - the machine got boring, I wanted a challenge. I went back to hand cutting. I ran out of work, went back to school, got a diploma, and now I'm back with the original company.

During this time the economy has gone from mind-blowing surreal-ness to utter crap, but there's still the same amount of work as when I started, and the same amount of workers at the shop. It's true that many of the timber framers left the company when the K2 came, but they have all started their own businesses, and are doing very well in this area of the world. I am good friends with them all (about a dozen, at least) and they all have work.

And this is attributed to the company that I now work for again. It created not competition, or loss of work for anyone, but great timber framers. I'm so happy for them! And between the shop, the mill, on site, the design department and administration, there's a lot of jobs at our company.

The K2 changed things for sure, but if it hadn't have come along there would not be as many jobs, and not as many timber framing businesses.

There is still a lot of skill involved in the shop and in running the machine(you gotta know wood!) That's a topic for another day.

So, yeah... seen it, been it...it's ok here.

Peace
*K