Hi guys and thanks for the support. I have recieved your message NH and will consider which dvds I would want to order from you.(cost being the issue) As my wife took the camera to work with her I can't post pictures of the Broad axe or adze and will have to describe them as best as possible. The adze looks new although it has some rust. There are no signs it has ever been used. It even has an edge. The Broad axe head is 11", flat on one side except at the ends where it comes out a bit. There is appx. half inch of hard steel on cutting edge with some small rust pits(nothing major). The handle can be fitted either way. I have made many handle for hammers and axes but I know what they look like so it's not hard. I've never held a adze or broad axe in my hands before. Things like this need to be made properly or you just make things harder for yourself. I believe the first axe used in hewing is the felling axe(correct me if I'm wrong) which is used to remove most of the stock in the scoring process.
This axe I bought from Lee Valley and believe was made in Germany and cost me $100. It has a thin wide blade and a 36" handle. Thats it! Now I just need me some learnin!
Thane
Thane

Life is short so put your heart into something that will last a long time.