Found the sub-category. Thanks for the legwork. I think it does have value, however it's hard to find, especially for new visitors, and we can't reply to these old threads. Clark's earlier suggestion on cutting/pasting/migrating into an entirely new post would work I suppose.

Joel, can this wiki you propose accept new posts by us, or must the moderator select the topics each time?

As far as a starter topic, why not marriage marks? Might even get a TTRAGer to stop by grin

And this leads back to Ken's question: why aren't the heavyweights participating here?

I think enriching the forum has two parts:

1. Revising the blueprint

2. Advertising to enthusiasts and scholars that it's available (probably the most important piece).

Many long-time guild members may be stuck in the tradition of conferences and mailings as their sole communication w/ the Guild, which is quite limiting when you look at the potential of the internet.

As far as intimidating newcomers, that long list of specific categories I proposed upthread might actually lead to MORE interest among us. Many may be unaware of the depth of the trade. For instance, before I joined the Forum I had no idea there was such a thing as scribe and square rule (thought the tradition was all scribe). I guess if I'd seen the potential here (a long list of specific categories) on my first visits, I would have been more intrigued than intimidated.

I realize none of this will happen overnight... also curious what other folks might propose as a starter wiki topic.

Don Perkins
Member, TFG

to know the trees...