Hi Raphael,

that's a good question! I have been waiting for months to see if a large enough group of people could form. I set a couple of small projects (hopper and a sawhorse) for people to complete on their own before any study group meetings would be held, with the idea being that completion of the two projects would put participants on the same page more or less at the outset. So far, 9 or 10 months later, only one person has completed both projects, and a couple have completed the hopper. These are not, i might add, hugely complex or time-absorbing projects, though the sawhorse is far from simple.

Not enough to get the thing going as of yet it would seem. I am wondering if it might have been better to take another approach, like offering a couple of weekend workshops or something like that, instead of setting self-study based projects....

Anyhow, are you interested in participating? If so, I can forward the information to you on the hopper and sawhorse projects, but I can't guarantee that this thing will actually get off the ground. It's a little discouraging so far, but I remain hopeful that eventually something will happen. all it needs is 6~8 people committed to the thing and it would fly I'm sure.

Cheers,

Chris

My blog on carpentry practice, East and West:

https://thecarpentryway.blog