To all timber framers:

There is a tool list on the page about the Geometric workshop with the information. Which says:

#3 Hand tool use: Selection, tuning, and proper use of the basic hand tool kit (limited to what would have been available in the 1700s)

* Straightedge (length as an increment of the rod length and width as mortise width)
* Dividers - String - Awl - Race knife - Marking gauge - Plumb bob - Saws
* Framing chisel, corner chisel and mallet - T-augers - Axe - Adze - Draw knife

And I can tell you that the standard T-handle auger with a twist drill is "not" period...... twist augers came later on...

I have been gearing up to supply you timber framers who are taking this workshop with some tools off this list, currently for sale and available, immediately.

We now have three race knives on hand for sale. One 4" adze and 5 sets of dividers, ranging in these sizes 5", 6", 8", 9 1/2" and 12".
And several draw knives, sizes 8" and 10".

And we'd be happy to help you find other tools you might need.

For information and pricing of these tools, please send me a private email to jrsawmill (at) verizon (dot) net.

Thanks

Jim Rogers.

PS. I have been in contact with Jack Sobon and I have supplied him with several period augers of different diameters for your workshop. He will be sharpening them and preparing them for you to use.

However, if you'd like to purchase one of your own, I can try and find you one. Just let me know.

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!