Hi to all. I am new to the TFguild... I am an engineer/developer with a serious vintage tool restoration disease. I have a small historic farmstead in the Catoctin mountains in Maryland. The original bank barn burned down a long time ago. I am just putting the finishing touches on a Frick 00 circular saw with 52" blade that can handle 20' long material. I have sawn a couple timber frame structures w/ it and am ready now to saw and build a bank barn-mostly to store equipment and work on other projects. The plan (I have drawn on autocad) is for a 48'x70' barn with posts on a 14'x12' grid on the ground floor. The back and side walls will be of field stone to 10'high. The ground level will be 10' clear with beams running front to back (48') and floor joists(12" o.c) let into beams(14' o.c.. Main floor will be heavy plank (7/4) and then I want to build (5)bents using a King/Prince post truss on posts to give complete clear space on main floor. I have a hodge podge of material waiting to go through the saw and am planning to use what ever comes my way (oak, hickory, poplar, ash) Is it a problem mixing species with varying degrees of green? Any comments or suggestions? I would like to find (employ) a seasoned timber framer and stone mason to help with this project. ( I also want to restore the original spring house on the property. (if anyone is interested, the house can be seen at www.johneylerfarmstead.com)

-Bobby