Haha, okay, I did miss something.

I thought I had overstepped my bounds, or something.

I added my website to my signature, so everyone can check me out. Though, like all artists, the site is dreadfully out of date and hasn't been updated in almost 2 years (says to self, yikes!) I won't go so far as to say I am legitimate, but I really am Chuck Gailey.

The subforum did say philosophical musings, so I figured that open ended questions where appreciated.

Anyhoo, hopefully we can get back on topic.

Have you guys noticed that carpenters seem to get stuck in the trap of thinking that they do something unique and amazing? They don't like to share their hard earned secrets; they have an attitude of arrogance, and they act like no one has ever done what they have done, or as well.

Do you guys encounter that attitude in the guild, too?

I may have a very cynical world view, but I have always believed that all art is derivative. And that nothing is as dangerous as a person who has been a carpenter for 3 or 4 years. And that it was my duty, as a skilled and experienced builder to share as much knowledge as possible with whomever listens.

I'm thinking the diagonal recip floor, btw, as I like they way it transfers load across the corners, where as the rectilinear one feels a little more iffy, for lack of a technical term.

Cheers, Chuck

www.otbdesignworks.com

Become a fan of OTB Designworks on Facebook, we'd love to have you