Hi everyone tonight:

Thanks Ken for the reply, I know the reconstruction processes carry on and on, and only stops when technology pushes ahead with something new and the old structures just don't fit into the picture. In our world today the roll over of technology advances is forging ahead at a blurring speed, and even good old structures are dismantled to make way for new advances.

My son who dairy farms here in Ontario has a tough time justkeeping up from year to year with new equipment advances, and health rules which are continuously changing.

There are Tidal mills in operation here in North America but probably do not date back as far as in your area, I expect the technology came from Britain originally. Where there is a significant Tide such as along the coast area in Nova Scotia, harnessing the in and out flowing water is a smart idea.

At UCV our 3 mills are fed from an artificial lake of about 2 acres in size, that has no natural inflowing source. Their combined usage is about 6000 gals per minute, until the gristmill kicks in and runs on steam power, then the combined usage is about 4500 gals per minute.

The lake is replenished during the evening utilizing a 6 foot by 30 feet in length sewage screw pump revolving at 6 rpm. It can nearly keep up with the mill"s water consumption but not quite, it turns out about 4000 gals per minute, and is quite the machine. By that I mean that it sits on two massive bearings on at each end and on a slope of about 10 feet in 30 feet of run. The screw itself sets in a concrete trough and at no place touches the cement surface but runs close enough to cntain the water as it is forced up the incline. There is vertually no wear and can run continuosly with only a smallish electric motor driving it.

Well I must go for tonight hope you all enjoy

NH